Wednesday, July 8, 2009

B2B: When the Customer is Wrong

Today I told a customer that their plan was wrong.

The customer wanted to buy too much and deploy it incorrectly, even after I explained how the product worked.

I don't know if the customer is happy, but I am.

We all have different gifts and different failings but one thing we can all offer each other is the truth.

It's not my job to make the customer happy. My purpose is to help the customer identify their needs and possible solutions correctly.

I'm not happy when the mechanic tells me I need new brake pads. It's not his job to make me happy either. He's just telling me the truth, presenting reality.

There isn't much more for me to say about this. I'd like to hear your opinions, even if it's a couple years from when this is posted. Feel free to comment here or call/email us!

--the crew at www.acmetechworks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment