Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Mistakes are the best

This post should be a part of the series on starting your own tech business, but it applies in almost every business...

One of my vendors, a newer one to us, made a mistake. Their hardware showed up and it wasn't what we ordered. There are customers who need this stuff, so it's a priority.

I sent an email to the sales group there stating what had happened. I also sent another email to a specific person to make sure it was noted.

Here's what I sent...

Hi, (person's name)! I don’t know if you’re included on the email I sent to sales, so I wanted you to know I got a box today. The stuff in it didn’t seem to be right.

I figure in a couple orders, we’ll have this down pat. Got to love growing pains!

I sat back and waited to see how the company handled the issue. Here's what I got...

JeremeyThis is completely NOT acceptable... my very sincere apologies...

The rest of the email from them explained how they would fix the problem. It was a great opportunity to see their character in action. I want to do business with them more than ever. I know that they'll do the right thing. That's a good thing to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment